ReefBot, You’ve Changed
“ReefBot, you’ve changed”, said the unsuspecting human user, as he explored and experimented with numerous features that weren’t there when he first got his machine. Drama aside though, it’s true; the ReefBot is always changing.
We are always looking for new ways to make the ReefBot better, to improve its performance, convenience, and accuracy. And every time we finish working on a new feature, our software team upgrades all the existing ReefBots through remote software updates. This is why ReefBot users sometimes wake up and discover new features that weren’t when they went to sleep!
In addition to continuous reliability improvements and bug fixes, we have added numerous updates and features to the ReefBot since it was first released about 6 months ago. Below, you can read about some of the major ones.
1) Defining safe regions for your graphs: We have taken out the guess work for the many reefers who are new to the hobby and are still learning the trade. This feature enables the ReefBot users to clearly interpret their results without any external aid, in addition to providing them with a safe range as a reference so they can better plan their dosing.
2) Adding user-defined alarms to notify the user if results are out of bounds: This feature further enhances the flexibility and convenience of the ReefBot, by allowing users to receive notifications when the results come out outside the range that they have defined. This is very useful for reefers who have super busy professional lives and want to make sure they never miss a test result that requires them to take action to remedy the negative result and keep their aquatic life safe and healthy.
3) Ability to predict the number of tests remaining: This feature helps all users further take out the guess work when it comes to resupplying reagents, so they can plan their test kits shopping accordingly.
4) Tracking syringe usage and notifying users when it needs to be replaced: Like all consumables, the syringe needs to be replaced at some point. But given the prime importance of this specific consumable, we want you to know exactly when you need to get a new one, so your testing doesn’t get interrupted.
5) We have added live chat and support portal directly on the app: Facing any issues with your ReefBot? You can now contact us for help with the click of a button, using the same application that you use for testing. We have specialized teams of chemists, software programmers, and robotics engineers to resolve any issue your having!
As always, if you have any question or feedback for us, please reach out to us at [email protected]. We would love to hear from you!
Download the Reef Kinetics Cloud Controller App: